How do you use my data?
When you purchase from our website.
As with an online purchase, when you purchase goods from us in store, we will use your personal information to complete your purchase. The details we collect from you will include your name, address, payment and other contact details.
To complete your purchase, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the purchase process, such as payment providers, who we use to assess fraud, credit and/or security risks.
We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the contract for the item you have purchased from us.
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. You will need to set up an account before ordering from us, so we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name
- address (and previous addresses)
- date of birth
- contact numbers, and
- email address.
To make our site better
We will also use your personal information to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by displaying products we think you will be interested in, based on your purchase history and browsing habits).
Our use of your information in this way means that your experience of our site will be more tailored to you, and that the products you see on our site may differ from someone accessing the same site with a different purchase history or browsing habits.
We also share your aggregated, anonymous data with third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We process your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest to provide you with the best experience we can, and to ensure that our site is kept secure.
You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the ‘do not track’ functionality in your internet browser. If you enable do not track functionality, our site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
What about technical information and analytics?
Information we collect on you.
When you visit our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive about you from other sources.
We are also working closely with third party advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you.
We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you.
How is my data stored?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third party data storage providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
You must not share your password with anyone.
How long do we store your data?
Where you have purchased goods from us, we will retain your data for a period of 6 years for legal purposes, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with a product you have purchased from us or if any legal issues arise.
If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, we promise to stop sending them to you.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with potentially purchasing a product) we will retain your data for 2 years.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Mabu Leathers, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Email: [email protected]
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
Should you need to contact us please write to:
[email protected] quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.